Monday, October 15, 2012

Garrison House with Catherine

     Today was the day that I got to volunteer at the Garrison house for Catherine's 2nd grade class.  Its a colonial era compound and the kids get to see how life was way back then.  Today I was in charge of showing the kids how we made soap back in the old 'colonial' days. 
     We had to stir the bowl for two hours straight to get it to the right consistency. 
     One of the other exhibits was showing the kids how butter was made.  It really tasted good.

     This was the third time i've been chosen to do the Garrison house.  The first time I got to show the kids the black smith area.  I told the kids then that my name was Blackie Smith.  Here is the link http://my-children.blogspot.com/2008/10/blog-post_15.html  The next time I was the candle maker..of course mister Kandell and this time I introduced myself as mr Zoppa.   so silly i know but its fun.....The kids in Laura's class still call me Mr. Kandell but I cannot believe I have no blog entry for that day....what was I thinking??????

No comments: