Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Field Trip


Today was the trip to the old Colonial house. There was an old house, barn , craft area and blacksmith shop. I was in charge of the blacksmith shop and barn and gave a tour. Oh, the answers I made up to some good questions. Hopefully, they weren't tested for accuracy. It reminds me of an old TV sitcom where the kids get the answers from their parents. One of the things were the guy that ran the blacksmith shop before me was name Blackie Smith ( I made that up). When one of the girls asked if it was the same as the one in Sturbridge I told her that was his cousin Wacky Jackie Black-Smith. So I made up half the stuff.
The barn had old 1800's tools and machines to shuck the corn. There were saws for cutting the ice off the pond and willows, which I had to demonstrate my willowing techniques. Jimmy was smiling the whole time with Charlie, especially when they got to run outside.
I had an awe moment when I asked Jimmy what his favorite part was and he told me that it was me coming with him. He's so cute when he wants to be. Well, that moment lasted about ten seconds until he said that his real favorite of the day was outhouse and where they went to the bathroom. Puts me right back in line dont it!!

No comments: