Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Apple Picking around the pumpkin patch




Its hard to imagine its that time of the year again. Apple picking has always been pretty special because of the first few years bringing the kids was so much fun. This year, Lyn wanted us all to go Apple picking for her birthday present. And I was going to get her a new toilet.
It was still fun but now there are so many more of them.......They were so cute running around the apple tree lanes. Jack was picking up the apples from the ground and taking a bite out of each one. Lyn looked in one of the bags and told me that she didnt want a certain apple because it was bruised, it actually wasn't, it had teeth marks in it. We had a couple in the bag with a single bite taken out of it.
There is an awesome maze for the kids. Jimmy wanted to go right into the maze but we made him behave and hold that over his head. After all of the fun stuff the kids get to feed the animals. There is goat food in a cannister that you can buy. I gave Jack a handful and I saw him putting some of it in his mouth. That kids will eat anything.

A couple of things have changed over the last couple of years. First of all, they have to recharge my heart when they tell me that it will cost twenty dollars a bag to pick the apples. I'm thinking they are gouging us suckers. Second, I love my digital camera. Before, this would have been a five to six roll day. Now, you can waste a couple of shots. We took 240 pictures in about an hour and a half. I absolutely love this camera. We have taken thousands of pictures since I bought it a couple of months ago, about six months now.
Once we got home we bribed the kids once more to behave and they got some ice cream. Laura was wondering when they started putting chocolate chips in her dinasaur crunch. Jack is still in the stage where everything ends up all over his face and hair.




























2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The kids look like such angels.You would think that at least one would act like their father.

frank528 said...

There is a reason the once red, then brown locks have been tinted with white...some say gray. Sometimes at night when I lie in bed I hear that phrase uttered to me many times from my youth...."I hope someday you get one just like you"......