Sunday, March 02, 2008

2 Goals for Jim Jim



Went to Jim's hockey game tonight and the little buggah scored twice. He was so excited because Uncle Eddie came with me. Jimmy has got so much better in the past month. He was in front of the net, took the puck and spun around scoring the first goal. He also scored on his next shift on the ice.....then disaster struck (not really, but he is six years old). I was watching him skating towards the bench and I lost sight of him. He hit into the boards with a couple of other players. I saw the coach go over to him and he was crying real hard. I figured he somehow got hurt, but alas, he had broken his first hockey stick ever. He didnt just break it, he creamed it. He was really broken up about it

Last night Jimmy went to the Devils hockey game with his bud Zachary, Clayton and others for Zach's birthday. Earlier today he started private baseball lessons. Needless to say he had a busy couple of days so he had an excuse for crying over the broken stick. He kept telling me about how much he liked that stick.

Lyn and I went away to the mountains for the weekend. It is our anniversary today. We stayed at this real nice inn. I'm not used to such classy places. They made up our bed twice a day. After we got back from dinner the towels were refreshed, the bed remade and everything else was freshened up. It was twice a day maid service. They kept bringing out servings of food on a fresh dish with a splash of garden vegetables or onion string or whatever it was with a dash of liquid something or other. It was a classy place. When i couldnt get the food on a fork I used my fingers. Lyn was mortified several times.

We made friends of course. Both Friday and Saturday night we had quite a bit to drink. Lyn drank a whole bottle of wine and I had a pool of lager. We handled it okay though. On Saturday morning we were seated next to two couples in their 70's. The two guys had these sweaters on that were bright green, florescent colors. I asked them if they lost a bet. I found out that both guys were brothers and their mother knitted the sweaters for them 60 years ago. They had always kept the sweaters and wore them on rare occasions. I thought it was awesome. That night we went over and talked to the ladies and had some good laughs.

When we got home Jack was just as Lyn had predicted. When Lyn went skiing a couple of weeks ago Jack was mad at her when she got home and he wouldnt talk to her. Same thing happened today. He stuck with me and wouldnt talk to her or go near her...the little shit.......Catherine and Laura were so happy to see us though. I think Catherine was a little tired and sick though. Laura had made us a cake with Auntie Jo for our anniversary. They had put homemade cards on the kitchen wall for us.

No comments: