Tuesday, August 11, 2009

We made it through the rain

Today we got rudely interrupted by some thunder and lightning. The whole beach fled except for us and another family. It was awesome because we had the whole beach to ourselves. While we were waiting for the rain to end Jimmy started everyone singing Sweet Caroline. It was awesome!! The Lloyds came to the beach and joined us for the Ban Del Sole day in the sun. Jimmy caught a fish that he kept calling a carp; Jack started fishing until his bait moved. when that happened he ran about a football field yelling in terror. It was hysterical.
If there is one thing I hate more than those stupid stars on the side of houses it is fishing. And worse than that is standing by kids who are fishing. What they do is this; I cast the line out. The patience is gone so they yank the pole and the line gets all crossed up. This takes me ten to fifteen minutes to untangle and then we do it again. Its still cute to watch the little ones holding a fishing pole though. I forgot my point. Jimmy caught a fish. He got distracted and had to go somewhere before I took the fish off the hook. yuck....anyway. I've never done it before. Again, hate fishing. So here was this poor sunfish coming off the hook with me fighing with it to free the poor sucker. I guess I was a little rough with it because when i went to throw the fish into the water it just stayed there. I went in after it to push it further into the lake. I must have been a bit too rough taking the hook out of it because I killed the poor thing. Jimmy didnt get to see any of this but I just kept looking over and seeing the dead belly of Jimmy's first ever fish. Yep, I killed it.



























Jackie and I had gone kayaking the last two days. Today, he picked up a raft that we have and plucked a noodle and pretended to be kayaking on the float.





















































Jimmy is looking older.





































No comments: