Thursday, July 30, 2009

Jackie go faster, faster


Add Video



Jack has for so long ridden his Radio Flyer bike all around the neighborhood while all the kids have used their bikes. While he was riding that bike he wouldnt use the pedals. Instead, he would just use his feet on the pavement and it was like watching him run while he was on that bike. Everyone including Mr Ring would try to no avail. One day, he climbed on board Catherine's bike with the training wheels and just started taking off down the street in the big kids bike. He just didnt start slowly. He was obsessed with the speed of the thing. He's a daredevil thats what he is. They have to take turns on the Dora bike until I can get him some training wheels on the other bike.


There has been a new bike trail put in nearby. It doesnt open up until next week, or so we found out today when Jimmy and I went to try it out today. There was a sign at the entrance that said "no trespassing" when we got there. When we got to it Jimmy asked me what the sign meant. I told him that it was in French so i didnt understand it. We happened to find a way in and off we rode for a nice three or four mile ride. I spent so much time keeping an eye on him that I wiped out and crashed into the side walls. Got a good scrape from that one. Up until now, I was kind of leery about letting Jimmy ride all by himself around the neighborhood. He had asked Lyn yesterday to let him ride to Roger's house and back. She told him to go ahead and ride the half mile around the neighborhood. He questioned whether I would let him do it but she told him to do it anyway. I happened to come home as he was doing so. Scared the hell out of me. I let him do it for about five or six times. There is a tough corner on the street that I'm concerned about. The other kids have been doing it for a while so I suppose its time for him to try. I had to stop him at one point because I just couldnt handle it no more. I saw Joanne at one point as she was heading back to her house from her walk with buddy the dog and I just had to tell her that it was tough to let go. The question is...When do we let go??? eeee gads I say. Its a learning process and i'm still in the infancy of it.


Theresa and Bill showed up tonight at the baseball game. Jimmy loves to have people come to see him play. His team got wiped out tonight. They are in an older kids tournament so the team they played were all nine and ten year olds tonight. All in all, they did pretty good considering.


Catherine, or Tappin as Jack calls her, is still so excited about her new hobby of Irish step dancing. Laura looked like an old pro dancing her tap tap one two three irish step dance She cracks me up all the time. If you listen to the video Catherine is complaining that the bike was her christmas gift and she wants to ride it. She then says "what you think I am, a loser'. I have no idea where she got that one.


Laura and i had a good laugh tonight when I put her to bed and gave her a hug and kiss. It went okay except when i went to give her a big kiss on the cheek I ended up kissing my arm. We both cracked up laughing. She is growing up so fast. She is very responsible in her own little way. Lyn has her clean her room every morning and she does so willingly. She usually does a great job of it. Well, Lyn went to clean out her closet the other day and realized where all the clutter was going. Laura would take the things off the floor in her room and toss them in the corner of her closet and under or on the side of her bed. I guess its the old 'out of sight, out of mind' thing.


We had a meltdown last night when we got some Happy Meals from McDonalds and they gave Catherine a nugget meal instead of her favorite Hamburger. Of course we had to go back and all was better. Catherine is serious about her food. The other night we went out to eat with Umple Eddie and she ate all the things on my salad that I wasnt too fond of. Speaking of salads, the garden is really starting to take shape. We are seeing lettuce,peppers, zuccini's and tomatoes coming out to say hello. It would be a miracle if these things make it to the table.


I went to go see how much the kids have grown since March. We have a place in Jimmy's room on the door frame where we make marks on how tall the kids are. Jimmy and Laura have shot up like crazy just in the last couple of months. Its scary. I always hear people say to enjoy these times when they are this age because you'll miss it later. I think we are mindful of that. We try to keep them busy but I truly believe the most fun is had when we are just doing the normal things that come around on a daily basis. Things like bike riding or just hanging out in the yard and talking to the Rings or playing on the swingset out back. I can still threaten Jimmy with Santa Claus but I dont know how long thats going to last. If he was like me it would go to the fifth grade. We are going to StoryLand soon and Jimmy is hesitating to go with us because he says its too boring. He does say that alot but always has a good time when he goes. He usually pulls this when we are going to see Black Gordon. He goes, of course, and enjoys it still. The others still get excited to go anywhere. I think we could have more.


I was sitting on the couch the other day with Jack asleep on my lap. The cell phone rang and while I was talking I happened to look out at the tree in the front of the house. It was raining so the leaves were pulled down somewhat. I truly believe that i saw Obama's face in our white birch tree. I grabbed the camera of course. Patrick thinks it looks more like Stan Laurel. I'm just glad its not an image of Mary. Then you could imagine all the freaks that would show up.

No comments: