Monday, July 06, 2009

Fourth of July weekend

MY BABY WALKS ON WATER


Here, all the kids have a plate of whipped cream over a piece of bubble gum. The first kid to blow a bubble wins. Between the start and the finish the kids tend to get a little messy.

Uncle David keeping the hunger pains away.


I think Jacob won the bubble contest.



Big big Fourth of July weekend. It all started Friday night when we went to aunt chrissy's house for pizza. That was the first time this year the kids made it to the pool. Aunt chrissy is so nice. Jimmy and Laura splash all over the place, Catherine prefers the side kids pool and Jack tends to enjoy just walking around the edge enough to give us heart pains. We have a spiderman outfit that he wears and its a flotation device. He fights like hell putting it on but he looks so damn cute in it. Laura is simply unbelievable in the pool. We have got to get her in some lessons, its in her genes to be a great swimmer...not me...jojo.


Laura had kept on pestering me about the Saturday morning road race so I gave in and told her that I would run it with her. This did not go over well with the bride. Laura was all excited and we were(did I say we) were all set and ready to run. Wisely, Kara enticed Laura to skip the road race with promises of a manicure and pedicure. I must admit, I was relieved.



Jim Jim was awesome running the road race with Jamie and Jacob again. Some two ton sally plopped herself in the road off the sidewalk so it made it hard for us to see Jimmy when he was approaching. I kindly asked her to step in and she was a bit offended...



Anyway, we saw Mrs Ring blasting by us also. All in all, it was a great parade. After we all met at Aunt Chrissy's for 80 lobsters and more barbeque. There were games for the kids, swimming and plenty of food....not to mention aunt margies whoopie pies. Unfortunately, I had to go to work at 6pm.


I had to work at the cinema that night until 3am. While there they were taking down this huge banner of an upcoming movie. I was able to fold the sucker up and put it in my car. The next morning we were able to put the banner to good use and have the kiddo's drawing pictures on it. Some of Laura's drawings were spectacular. I'm thinking sometimes i'm a little prejudiced.




Sack race....I"m thinking I saw Jimmy cheat here.

We did a version of Spongebob Squarepants prior to the start of the games.
Raquel and Cole




Poor Laura, she doesnt look happy but she was just cold....and very happy.






































1 comment:

Kimmy said...

Laura looks like she's walking on water in the top picture! :) Love all the pictures!