Saturday, July 12, 2008

Kit Kittredge

The girls and I went to the movies this morning to see Kit Kittridge. Its an American Girl Doll movie. Kit was a ten year old girl during the depression who became a journalist. Laura really liked the movie and Catherine didnt quite get it but liked hanging out with us. Of course there were two trips to the potty and another to the popcorn/sprite trip. Not only did they give us a happy meal type thing for over twenty bucks, we went twenty rows up, sat down and realized they didnt give us any straws. That went over well. Catherine fell asleep on me for about a half-hour during the movie but she was pretty good overall.
After the movie we went to the Tea Party shop and had a couple of muffins. We came home, played around and watched some TV tonight when mom and aunti jo went to the red sox. Doe also came over with Nana. Lyn went to pick up the car yesterday from the mechanic, paid and drove home only to break down a couple of streets down. The fan belt broke. This morning the inlaws came to fix it. Nana told me she was upset that she missed the chocolate "yo marion" cake.
Laura told me this week she had something to show me. She brought me into my bedroom and showed me her American Girl doll without a head. I dont know what happened but she told me that we had to go the doll museum in New York city. Fortunately, I was able to fix it myself. Just cant lose your head over it. (bad joke)

No comments: