Monday, June 23, 2008

The Patriotic Children

For one of those spontaneous moments: We had gone to Michaels tonight to get some frames for the diploma's and such. Immediately I had to return to the store and when I got to the parking lot Lyn realized that Jack had switched one of her purchases so she had to return inside to do an exchange too. The Red Sox had a rain delay and the game was about to start as the Star Spangled Banner began on the radio. Among the songs that we belt out on a regular basis is the national anthem and I never realized that all four of them know all the words. They all were singing at the top of their lungs. The best was listening to Jack scream out the words at the appropriate time. I laughed my buns off. I have alot of work to do on the pitch and tone because, again, they are not blessed with my musical talents.

James and I are again scheduled to go to Fenway tomorrow night. We got the tickets from Steve for my graduation. When I got the word that I had the tickets I was on the front lawn talking with Lyn and Eileen and it was starting to rain. Jimmy was about twenty five feet away playing pop ups with himself. I have turned blue in the face yelling his name sometimes trying to get him to listen to me or to do something and its as if he is deaf. Its enought to drive me crazy. As soon as we mentioned the words about Red Sox tickets I looked over to him, twenty five feet away, and I see this little buggah with a sideward glance and a huge grin. This, of course, he hears. He loves the Sox.

2 comments:

Jack Mehoff said...

Hey Jimmy, if they didn't get your musical talent, then they must be good singers. I heard you at the graduation party singing Barry Mantalo. Pretty bad.

Anonymous said...

Is this the same d that wore a grass skirt all night? I dont know if I would trust your judgement all that much.