Monday, October 15, 2007

Sunday at the Maze



We spent Sunday at the cornfield maze. Jimmy's Cub scout group had a trip to the corn stock maze. We got lost and then we got lost again. Catherine and Jack stayed home with Nana and Doe. While we were in the large maze, Laura, of course, just had to go to the bathroom. there are portable potties placed in the maze but good luck finding them. Lyn, Jimmy and some other scouts stayed at a play area while Laura and I looked for the potties. Well, we found the potties but lost our way. This was about 2 hours into the maze. What we found was the exit. It was pretty cool for Laura to tell the boys she beat them out. A fun time was had by all.
Speaking of Laura, plans are all set for next sunday's trip to New York City. It will just be the two of us navigating around the streets of Manhattan. She has no idea about it. I told her that we are going somewhere but she thinks we are going to Fenway Park. Nana is going to give her the American girl doll this weekend before we go.
Saturday night we went to the Devils hockey game. It was a school outing so Jimmy was like the mayor of the stadium. He ran off with his bud Zachary to see the players hoping that they would give him a stick. no dice. I wanted the 61 inch TV they gave away but some fruit beat me to it. Again, poor Catherine and Jack were stuck at home. Maybe one of these times they'll leave me at home.
My last semester is halfway over, 3 of the subjects down and 3 to go. I just downloaded the application for the bar exam. Its a scary thought. What will I do with myself after I pass??? Maybe more kids....but that ship has sailed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

James, this is a very nice blog. I like to see parents who have fun with their kids.