Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Playoff time...Game with Ant Joe

     As the ump would call her...ANT Joe called and offered me to go with her to the Divisional playoff game.  Well...of course i would.  When Ant Joe came over to the house the rain it was coming down and we hadnt much hope.  As the day progressed we just saw some minor spit until it was time to leave and then it got a little harder.....Yes, they lost...but I am getting to that age where I really dont care about that.  We just had a good time being in the old yard and staring at that wall.  I dont know how many times during the game and rain that i mentioned the time that Jimmy and I sat in pouring rain along the third base side.  Jimmy and I were sitting in our seats with an umbrella and just talked and stared at the green wall across from us.  He was probably 9 or 10 years old.  He kept telling me how the clouds looked like they were clearing and that there was hope the game would be played.  The rain went on soaking us and  eventually they called that game but it still remains a great memory.  Of course, the next week or so Laura and I went to another game in similar conditions.  We took a ride from a bicyclist and then the rain hit on our way there.  I believe there is a blog on that one...i'm just too lazy to go back and search on it.  
     One part of this loss was that the season is now over.  The Astros were a really good team surprisingly, and I think they will go a long way this year....Now watch them get eliminated early but I've been wrong before.  It was really a fun time with the ANT and I'm very thankful she included me in her trek to Fenway Park.

It didnt look good at first...We had some rain but there was no delay at all....The rain didnt effect us under the roof in the grandstand.

     Dont we look cute.....Its apparent that I cant take selfies that well....


No comments: