Monday, February 18, 2013

Night Sledding in the back yard

Although it was dark, we dragged an extension light out in the back yard and did some night sledding.  Last night we had promised the kids that they could go sledding today....only they thought it meant they could go night sledding in the back yard.  Not a problem I guess.  Baby Erin slept over and Laura was switched with her for the night so she took in the huge (not so much) hill in the back yard.  Its still a good sized hill.  With two sleds that could make it through, they all kept coming back for more and Jimmy and I gave them a good push down the hill.  The dogs were in the pen giving us encouragement most of the time.  I actually got in a few runs too, it was pretty fun.  I really think once again that I am so lucky to be a kid and do these things because once again, it would be awkward if I screamed like a little girl going down the hill without a screaming kid with me.  They got some good speed going down the hill and a couple of times went flying into the portable kids houses out there.  Jackie, of course, makes it an olympic event and creates, and then breaks, all the rules.  I see myself in that little daredevil more an more each day.  Yesterday, he was sitting quietly in a chair downstairs watching Jimmy play video games.  Jimmy doesnt let him talk while he's down there with him and Jimmy is playing xbox.  I was in my office just watching how cute he is....he was so into that game that Jimmy was playing.  I just had to go pick him up and fling him over my shoulder and carry him upstairs with me.  Tonight, after my all too frequent trips to Target, I came home and found him on the living room couch...he had that little flinching look on his pretend sleeping face.  What a little faker.....Lyn told me not to laugh because I was just encouraging him.......I tried not to but its really impossible.  Maybe we can get some pictures of them sledding during the daylight because its very funny to be around.  I have to have three layers of clothes on because I am just a wimp when it comes to the cold. 

No comments: