Monday, November 23, 2009

Short week

Finally this morning Laura looks good enough to head off to school. Lyn thinks that she had the swine, I'm just glad she's better. Saturday night into Sunday was horrible. She was so sick overnight. We are still recovering from a sleepless night but all is well today.
The other night I went and had a long overdue massage from cousin Rachel. It was awesome! I finally got some relief from some leg problems, at least temporarily. The very next morning Jack was in the living room playing on the bay window. I did my daddy duties and kept telling him to get down. when he didnt listen he had to go to his room. Not liking that option he took a metal car and threw it on the ground. The only problem was that my foot was also on the ground. He broke my toe!!! So now it hurts to walk for a different reason. Poor me. He's lucky he's cute.
James has been worrying us because he's been asking some serious questions about that big guy that lives in the North Pole. When we come upon these issues for the first time its always stressful. There is no easy way to handle it, i suppose. Yesterday, Jim and I went to the football field with two footballs and went up and down the field scoring touchdowns and kicking field goals. He's got a pretty good leg for kicking I must say without bias. Charlie and Jimmy are inseparable. Those two goofy kids are constantly goofing on each other with the goofiest jokes and silly words. Its good though that its all innocent fun. Last week in school, he won two small crabs to bring home and take care of. We got a tank with sand and water and these two small crabs in them. They are not moving too well. I dont give them much time before the funeral.
While Laura has been recovering from being sick she's been thinking about playing four square. She likes to beat up on her brother in that game. I was quite impressed last week when she and james were on the front street playing tennis and she was returning what he was hitting at her. She's getting so tall. Her schoolwork has improved so quickly this year. Its incredible how well she reads these chapter books.
My little Catherine has been enjoying her preschool class. she's making lots and lots of friends and is full of smiles when she gets home. We had alone time this past weekend. She gets this big smile when she does something special or gets something like special time with Dad or mom. She likes to dance her irish step and show us her gang signs.

No comments: