Sunday, April 27, 2008

Another opening day

It was time for Laura's opening day. This is her first shot at baseball with her new T-Ball team. She did very good and loved it. When I got there with her one of the coaches came up to me and handed me a barret that Laura had given him last practice. She didnt want to have it in her hair when she wore a helmet. Lyn cleaned the hillbilly minivan last week and pulled up about 100 of them from under the seats. I might be exxagerating.
The last practice she had me paint her face blue for the Dodgers. She also had soccer in the morning and scored four goals. I have to get some pictures of her with her sports. I have been coaching her T-ball team, just an asst. coach not a manager so its not so bad.
Today we had team pictures and I was surprised how many of the teammates showed up. Jim crashed tonight on the couch. I'm surprised it took him so long. His week off from school had been so hectic. The poor kid never relaxes. If he is at home he is in the yard playing baseball or hockey or basketball.
It rained today so we didnt get to plant any flowers. Last night I made a trip to Home Depot and got them. Laura had reminded me today that I promised her that we'd have a garden this year. After I bought the flowers she told me that she wanted vegetables so we could eat our green beans and potatoes that we plant. I had told Lyn a little while ago that we'd be growing and slaughtering our food from now on because of the price of food. Laura took me a little literal. She finally agreed to just do flowers. Catherine likes to pop the flower off the plant and smell it as soon as it blooms.
This week Laura has her recital at aroudn the same time as Jim's baseball game. I dont think I can miss a recital. I could go to the rehearsal but I missed last years recital and only went to the rehearsal but she noticed. She is with Emily. I have to download her "monster mash" song. Jimmy keeps asking me to buy a pat benatar song for the ipod. I can't believe she's practically 60. Where did the years go?

No comments: