Friday, April 25, 2008

Opening day for JimJim

My managerial debut went by pretty darn smoothly for the Tigers. The kids were hitting the ball all over the field. In the fourth inning Jimmy made an outstanding, diving catch between first and second base. It was quite the thing.
Aunt Jo, Doe, Cousins Jacqui and Mikaela, Uncle Eddie, Mommy and the kids all came on to cheer him on. He was really good and hit the ball well.
We sang Happy Birthday to Jimmy about 72 times during the day and night. He had a smile on his face all day long. He was in baseball camp all week during school vacation. Jacob, Max, Connor, Zach and Clayton were there too. I snuck in to see him a couple of times. I love just to watch him. After the camp he came home and put on the catchers equipment and had a little game all by himself for a little while until I was ready to pitch to him. By the way, my shoulder is killing.
Last night I spoke with Jimmy before he went to bed, about the day he was born. He was all questions. It was a hectic birth. I remember we had to drive all the way from cow country and I was honking my horn at people to let me get through, some did, some didnt. The rest of the morning was horrible (the ride), then great(the birth), then horrible(rushed to PICU), then great(when they told he would be OK).
Lyn also had a talk with Jimmy about the morning that he was born. Yesterday at around 6:50AM Lyn told Jimmy that it was seven years ago at that very time that her water broke and she had to go to the hospital. Jimmy told her that it wasnt that long ago because we already cleaned up the cellar after the water broke. He was referring to the hot water tank giving way last month.
Laura has opening day on Saturday with Jimmy having a game a couple of hours later. Even if I wasnt defective I'd have an impossible task to remember what the hell I have to do each day.

No comments: