Wednesday, May 03, 2017

Catherine's turn at the Red Sox....


      Its the sweetest girl in the world's turn to go with Daddy.  A couple of weeks ago we went to the Celtics for her birthday gala but this one she got lucky because we got some Red Sox Tickets and it just happened to be her turn.  Dont ya just love that dentist of Ant Jo's!!!  The tickets were awesome and we were on the first base side in the loge section.  We are very lucky to have the opportunity to go to so many games.
     Once again I asked Cat if she would rather just drive to the park or take the trolley.  This time i was kind of hoping she'd say drive straight in but they really love that whole experience of the trolley.  I dont blame her because I do too.  Its fun, it completes the experience.  There is something about trains and trolleys with these little buggahs that just softens me.  Its a very comforting thing, even just to sit around a trolley boneyard, like the picture above.
After the trolley and before the game we went and grabbed a bit to eat in Kenmore Square.  Cat told me that she wasnt that hungry but her belly wouldnt object to food.  She had some Spaghetti and meatballs and i had a bruchetta pizza....the company was outstanding.  She told me about her day, Also about her gymnastics moves and who she sits with at lunch.  Maybe its the same question I ask often but its still fun to hear her tell me the goings on of this sixth grader while she's growing up.

 Once we get to the game she reminds me about twenty times how she had to save up enough space in her belly for our sixth inning tradition.  Oh yes, the sixth inning tradition is a helmet lof ice cream...vanilla with oreo crumbs and me a mix with m&m's.  It's a wonderful tradition started by Jimmy and now all of them have jumped in.  She's mentioned it every day since we found out we were going.
Catherine was also mentioning how she needed someone to hit a home run for her and luckily Hanley hit two.  We even got to see a triple play!!!  The bad guys were the benefactors but its still exciting to see.
 Here we are with a screen shot from the game.  Maura sent me a text to let us know we were on TV when the camera looks at lefthanders, there we were.  Of course, being the professional that I am, I kept picking my nose every time a lefty came up and tried to get Catherine in on it too.  I even tried to pick her nose too...She would have none of it.  I recorded the game so i'm hoping to see me picking a jewel!!!
Oh yeah, they won.....The ace of the Staff, Chris Sale finally got some run support.  Really though, it didnt matter who won.
By the way, did I mention we made it on the JumboTron again!!!  Picture it, seventh inning, Sweet Caroline playing in the stands and there we were singing along.  The camera pans and comes right to us singing along....Sweeeeeeet Caroooooline, bump bump bump, good times never seem so good...INDEED!!

No comments: