Wednesday, November 22, 2017

900 Posts.....

    Image may contain: 6 people, people smiling, people standing and indoor
 Welcome to my 900th post on this blog.  I'm still amazed that this is something that i've been able to stick with.  What wonderful memories looking back at how much the kids have grown through the years..  And they have grown.....!!
     As we sit today Jimmy is 16 years old, Laura is 15, Catherine is 12 and Jack is 11.  They are all growing like weeds.  We've been very lucky up to this point because they are all such good kids and have not really caused us much drama...,,,ok, i pause and thought about that last statement and its the truth.  I can sleep easily at night knowing that they are ok....
     Anyway, We have gone through the year pretty good but with Jimmy,Catherine and Laura all having to rehab some injuries from competitive sports.  Jimmy broke his leg last year and had a very bad bone bruise this year from, of course, football.  At first they thought it was broken but was downgraded and he could return to the team after three weeks or so.  Laura had some shoulder issues (butterfly) and Catherine had some really bad back issues from all those gymanstic flips.  Her pain lasted quite a while.  They all went through physical therapy and seemed to be healed up or on the mend.   Jackie seems to be the only healthy one.  My little buddy will be able to brag about that.
       I really enjoy watching them all in their sports.  They all seem to smile all the way through it and not have much drama.  Its alot of work for each one of them but they do it willingly and seem to love it soooo much.     Thats the good thing about having a big family, there is always quite the cheering section.
     So back to the 900 posts.  Every time i past a milestone i make a special post talking about it.  I spend alot of time at night reading back on my posts.  It certainly gives me a special perspective on life with the kids.  People will say to us that we have to enjoy these years because they go by so quick.  I listen to that...i've repreated it before, I know i'll miss it someday but I know that we have  sucked every last ounce of energy out of these times.  We dont stop.  The days of us just hanging around and doing nothing are few and very far between.  There is always something to do or some place to go.  The swagger wagon doesn't usually sit in the driveway too long.  Its got alot of miles on it.
     We havent gone up to the lake as often as I'd like but we still have spent some time up there.  When we do go up there we make the most of it.  I like to go alone and start a fire and text a picture to Laura and she usually sends me back a sarcastic comment to let me know all is well with the world.
  You know, the next real update will be the blog number 1000.  Thats quite impressive.
 

No comments: