Sunday, November 11, 2012

The 'talk"

Oh my!!!!!  This is one of those things that I am not prepared for.  Can't I hire someone to do this??  When I was 18 I still thought the babies came out of the belly button.  Laugh if you'd like, but i'm not kidding.  I dont know if I didnt know or if I was in denial.  I remember people along the years telling me where babies came from and my response was "theresa wouldnt do that!!!".  My education in the matter consisted of my sixth grade teacher drawing a penis on the board.  Everyone burst out in laughter and shortly thereafter the class ended.  Well, they did bring us as a class downstairs and explained the menstrual cycle but again, I live in denial and blocked that information from my mind for years and years to come. 
     speaking of this subject, Laura was at her Ten year old appointment recently and the nurse practioner began talking to her about what she is to expect soon in her life as a yound lady.   I had taken the kids in the other room.  By all accounts, Lyn told me that she told the nurse that it was gross and she just wanted no part of that conversation.  Laura said she was fine and she'd just put a bandaid on it.  I agree Laura...hang on to the early youth, I dont want you guys to grow up at all...I never did grow up and look how well i turned out......okay, so immaturity aside its a good state to live in this state of denial.

No comments: