Saturday, February 19, 2011

Updates

Well, here we are in February of 2011, stopped at four kids and still enjoying life as it flies right by. Amazing how fast it has happened. I stop and see that Jimmy will be in middle school so very soon. I stopped into his school to leave him some money yesterday for his thursday skiing and I saw him and his classmates coming from recess. The big, wide grinned smile was still the same as the one I used to see when i'd go to see him in kindergarten. Alot of the kids are the same too, only much, much bigger. I got alot of waves and smiles from them. Funny how silent they were. It was like a scene from a movie where time just flies right by and you see someone in varying stages of life. I really did see Jimmy at age four when i looked at him yesterday, so cute. When I was going into the school I ran into one of his teachers who works with him on his reading comprehension and she was so impressed about how well he had been doing. For the life of me, I just couldnt remember who the hell she was. I give her alot of credit for knowing who I was considering all the students/parents she must have. But then again, I forget socks, underwear and shoes on a daily basis.
Laura has been doing just great. That girl has some sort of an imagination. She loves to read and write. Whenever we go somewhere she writes a book about it. She takes multiple pages of paper and just writes and writes, even drawing pictures of some of the things we do. Its so funny to read and see the things that stick out in her mind. It really is the little things we do that matter, its just not a saying. This winter has been one for a heck of alot snow and that just plays into Laura's hands. She is constantly asking to go outside and play in the snow. She just loves to build snowmen and create things, go sledding or just jump and down in it. I still love the homeless snowman she made (see pictures in blog from earlier). The snow wasnt really sticking that well and she just put together this blob of a snowman filled with twigs and covered in buttons and a heart. Just a real big belly laugh when we pulled up to the house and saw it.
Now Catherine has switched over to afternoon kindergarten. She loves her teachers and takes it so, so serious. When she comes home from school and there is a notice in her bookbag the whole world has to stop because its some serious stuff for sure. Many nights I can just stop and watch her sleeping. It amazes me to see her because i wonder what she is dreaming about. She sleeps with a great big smile on her face. she really is smiling in her sleep, like a content face. She knows something and she just gets a laugh out of it in her sleep. Within the last month or so I took the railing off the side of her bed. She has had a problem with that railing being up for quite some time but Daddy is overly cautious and didnt want to take it down. She was so thrilled when she saw that I took it down. I make sure that her pillow pets line the side of her bed so she has a buffer. she's not as bad as Laura who flies all over her bed at night and has been known to fall off the bed on occasion. Catherine and I are going to go to New York city for her birthday in a couple of months. I'm looking forward to it. Now Jack is still being Jack. Just absolutely priceless are the things that he says and does. He so loves his one on one time. He is an old pro at his pre school now. It took a while believe me but now we go into the classroom in the morning and he goes right to the carpet square to listen to Mrs. Gordon. It took forever for that to happen. Today i was driving with him and we were headed to the coffee shoppe. We were talking about seeing his girlfriend Patricia. He told me he had another girlfriend too, a girl in his class. He then told me that he doesnt have time for two girlfriends, thats wayyy too much. We went to the bank,then to the coffee shop, then the snowy black gordon. On our way home we stopped at an old malt shop where they have the spinning seats. An old guy behind the counter was serving us up some ice cream. Jack wanted nothing to do with having an ice cream in a cup, he wanted a cone because thats what big boys eat. When he ate some of it he asks the old guy for a spoon. He then ate the rest of his ice cream with a spoon, taking it from the cone. It was pretty cool just sitting there and talking to him about all the characters from Toy Story 3. We are going to see them on ice this week.
All in all, the winter has gone by pretty good. We loved all the snow. Even though most people have complained about the amount we've received we have love it. If you are going to live around here you really have to embrace it or move....but now the Red Sox have reported to spring training and its time for it to go away until next year. Somehow I think its gonna be around for awhile though.

No comments: