Monday, August 30, 2010

Hiking Mount Kearsage 8/30/2010

Wow for the best idea in quite some time. Mt. Kearsage has to be one of the best kept secrets around. We arrived around 12:30PM. There is a road that brings you most of the way up the mountain and ends in a parking lot. We got off and were able to hike the rest of the way. I was worried about how Jack would do but he was awesome. Its still kind of scary though and we had to keep our eyes on them.
At night the ump came over for some great bbq'ing and a fire in the back which led to smores, of course.
It was very windy at the summit. Love that smile of hers. She was really great today and athletic, always at the head of the pack.

Jack was looking for places to start an avalanche once the winter hits.


Laura loving it.



Jimmy said at first he wasnt interested but again had the most fun of all the kids. Twas a good choice.




When we get group photos I have to tell them they can take a goofy picture if they give me a good one. I often end up liking the goofy ones the most. I think it shows off their true feelings.





I asked the two oldest to duck so I could get the sign in and jack ducked too....He's a riot.






These rocks were on the summit of the mountain. Laura and Jimmy thought it would be great to keep some memory rocks to take home. Something made me nervous about looking in the rear of the hillbilly minivan seeing Jack with a rock.







My two angels



Catherine had a great day. I have a feeling she wants to go back and do it again. I was a little afraid watching her navigate the rocks with such ease. She's very athletic.


He's a comedy act to me just observing him. I think I could laugh for days just watching him eat mac and cheese.

Yes, the final ascent to the summit. We almost skipped it but we needed something to scare the crap out of Aunt Jo when she looks at the photos.














No comments: