Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Apple/Pumpkin picking and Laura's birthday

We finally made it to the farm for some apple and pumpkin picking. There were still tons of apples available, which was surprising. Luckily, I was a little taller than most of the other pickers so I was able to reach the taller brances that hadn't been picked over. This way we got some big apples.
At one point I was able to climb into the trees and throw some of top apples down to jimmy who would catch them with two hands and then put them in the bag. It was at this point that I realized that all the baseball play with Jackie has been paying off. While on the inside of the trees I got bopped off the side of the head with an apple. He had seen Jimmy and I doing the flip and save and he just wanted to join in. We played outside before the bus this morning and he's getting good with the grounders too.
Also, today is Laura's seventh birthday. Imagine that!!!























































No comments: