Sunday, December 21, 2008

More Christmas parties

Today was Lyn's family Christmas party. With Nana being one of 16 kids, there are tons of grandchildren running around to keep the kiddos occupied. The kids are so fortunate to have all these kids around all the time. They are all good kids too. Cousin Jenny informed me that she reads the blog every day. She has beautiful little ones that look familiar from my childhood..I wonder why....... Cousin Marion is in charge of the nativity play. Jimmy was one of the three kings along with Jacob, Laura was an angel, of course, and Catherine was a lovely sheep. Emily was Mary again and Erin was a bearded shepherd. Jack was that kid near the manger carrying a wiffle ball bat...a little known history lesson there. Santa Claus made his annual visit with Jack making his customary screeches. Jimmy played football inside the hall with some of the little cousins and didnt take part in bashing the Santa Claus pinata. My favorite part of the day was when the kids were sitting patiently on the floor waiting for Santa to arrive and I got to lead them in the favorite Christmas favorites like Frosty the snowman, Jingle Bells, Rudolph and of course, Spongebob Squarepants.......
While sitting on the stage Auntie chrissy came up to me to show me once again why she is my lady. In her hands was a huge whoopie pie that she had managed to steal for me before the whoopie rush came. She is very good to us, always calling to check on us.
It was snowing pretty good outside but that didnt seem to stop many people from showing up. We thought about not going for a second but loaded up the hillbilly minivan and took it slow.
When we got home we did the finishing touches on the Christmas tree. It tilts a little bit and its location has changed due to the old oak's visit to the back yard room. We really miss that room being operational. Now Jack just plops in the living room demanding to watch tommy the train or hannah. He loves Rico from Puerto Rico yello aaaa-ooooo its Rico. He just sees him and laughs real hard. He didnt go right to sleep tonight, how rare!!! The girls looked so cute today. I can still just stand there and watch Catherine during these parties because she has such a good time with life. Her smile is so cute.
Then heading out to the driveway to crank up the 200 year old snowblower to feel that, of course, it was not quite working. How do we do it!! Again, I'm too good to Doe to let him come over tomorrow to fix it. That reminds me that this week we had three chainsaws to chop up all the trees that were fallen all over the place. He has one that is about the same age as the snowblower. I dont know but I think you have to kick it six times, talk nice to it and say a prayer to Saint Joanne and spray some hair spray on it to make it start. I tried and tried to start it...to no avail. I looked out and after about six seconds he had the sucker started and was chopping up arms of the old oak tree. It just isnt fair.


































































































































No comments: