Thursday, December 06, 2018

Christmas at Black Gordon

Oh you old steam engine!!  I lose my breathe a little when I see such a beautiful picture of my old Friend Black Gordon.  I know i've said it before but we have come here so so many times over the years and consider this train as part of our family.  I drive by it every single day on my way to work and I have even caught myself saying hello to it when no one is around.  Hello Black Gordon!!  Ever since Jimmy was a little guy we used to make some time of it and he would love to climb up on the train and we would spend hours doing so.  Grammy used to find us there all the time.  From that point the others grew up and we'd spend some time at the coffee shop around the corner and then to the trolley that we lovingly called the train that doesnt move.  Yes a quick search of the blog will show you how much time we have spent here.  In recent years we have included playing catch with a football and playing wall ball also.  I have caught myself just staring at this majestic train and thinking about all the great times we have had here.......and the best times here we did nothing!!  yes, nothing.....Well, we showed up, made our own fun and spent some fun and great times together.  Up until last week we still spend some time here.  Oh Black Gordon we have got our money's worth out of you....I love this train!!!

No comments: