Sunday, September 09, 2018

The soccer season has begun

The Soccer season has begun!!  The player is so passionate about the game...any game.  He loves the competition and goes all out in his sport.  Today, Cat and I joined Auntie Jo on the sidelines cheering on our little Jackie.  We made a big mistake that we usually dont make....sitting with the other parents.  Usually, you can find us sitting away from the action and the cheering sections...and away from the sideline coaches...if ya know what I mean.  We were up the far end the first half.  This way we could watch the goalie and get a close up view and see all the action and facial expressions, comments etc.....so the team switches sides at the half so we went to the  near side so we can get the same comedy show.....well, thats where the sideline action was.  We found ourselves a new friend who was kind enough to coach the little ones that were on the field the whole time........Now, lets just say that I know as much about soccer as I do about a healthy green diet...but I dont think the 11U soccer league is life or death...... Let me say this..its so fun to watch him compete.  Here he is in goal...you know why he loves being the goalie??  Because he gets to boss everyone around in front of him!!  He's really good at it too.  I know its not a comedy act but I could just sit and watch him all day and laugh.  Take a step back and compare this to all the others and I could say the same about the other three.  I love to watch them at their sports.  They all smile and laugh through all of it, having so much fun......whether in organized sports or otherwise.
I almost forgot to mention that jack's team won 3-1.  That one goal was a hot shot to his left where he stretched out and just missed it.  There were a couple of saves he made that were very good but in particular was a hot shot right at him.  He crossed his arms and made a great save.  I asked him about it later and he told me that it wasnt exactly a save it was protecting himself from getting his face bashed in.
We went over Patrick's to watch the Patriots on Sunday and while the bigger people were outside watching game on the outside TV, Jackie and the gals were downstairs playing pool.  During his break he came outside and made sure that we played some whiffleball and he informed me that I had to play some pool before we left.  Okay, so we did both.......Before we left I made sure to go down to play some pool with a game of Jackie and I against Quinnie and Cat.  It was fun.  I hit a couple of shots so they thought i was a pool shark.

No comments: