Monday, September 18, 2017

Baltimore with Jackie



This is how us modern day travelers start off our trips.  Jackie slid into a massage chair and got a three minutes massage before the flight.  He told me it made him feel much more relaxed.  I also tried it and sure enough, Jack was right again.


Oh this goofy hat with the fake hair.  I wore it onto the plane and tipped my cap to the flight attendants and the pilot.  Jackie seemed to like it too.  It looks a little creepy though.  I'm still going through my hippie stage i guess.

Oh what a feeling.  Jackie and I had planned in August to go to New York to see the Yankee/Red Sox game.  During a conversation with the ump Jackie heard that we had gone to Baltimore with Jimmy to see a game a few years ago.  He liked that it involved an airplane trip so he liked that idea a lot more.  So off we go to Baltimore.
It was really an easy thing to plan.  Grab a flight, a hotel room and go to stubhub and get some game tickets....I did it all online in a couple of hours.  We ended up sitting in the first row in left field.  They were great seats!!.  We left on Monday morning and got back Tuesday afternoon.  The flight down was a bit rough though.  Jackie was a little bit scared of the 'speed bumps' in the clouds.  Actually, he did really well compared to me when i first started flying.  During the flight he grabbed on to me and was only a little disturbed......well, that was until we were landing.  If you've ever sat on the wing during the descent where the wing opens to create drag to slow the plane, you'll see that it splits apart and creates a separation.  Well, nobody let Jackie in on this.  That was it and the airplane was falling apart.
     The flight back was even better.  While we were walking onto the plane, Jack didnt like the look of the pilot or someone he thought was the pilot, i think it was a flight attendant or part of the cleaning crew.  Anyway, after some turbulence he told me he knew something was wrong with that weird guy with big eyes welcomed him onto the plane.  It was a great flight but still had some turbulence.
The game was a wonderful back and forth affair that went into extra innings.  We finally won it in the 11th on a single by BienAcutie (as Nana and all the kids call him).  It was a fun fun time.

Jackie kept asking me all week if we would see the brick wall behind right field.  So I guess it is appealing when you see it on TV and he was curious about why it was there.  It was fun for him to see it for the first time.

and there was some turbulence

No comments: