Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Frozen Fenway

     Jimmy had asked me months ago to go to Fenway park to watch the UML hockey game.  Well, I was happy to oblige.  I love this place and would go here even if there was no game just to sit and watch the wall stand still.  I love that they put the hockey rink in here.  We started the day off going to breakfast.  Parking at the umps house we were briefly detained by the ump getting pulled over by the fuzz, just a short recess as they let us go.....The criminal that he is....Of course the weather wasn't  really that cooperative, only because it was raining.  The temperature stayed in the 40's but the game started with a  light to heavy rain, which wasn't that bad throughout the UML game.  But then the heavy rains came, which was still tolerable under the umbrellas........We stayed for the second game, only the beginning because that is when the thunder and lightning made a visit.  If you've ever been in Fenway when there is thunder and lightning its quite the booming sound.  When it came it seemed like it shook the whole stadium.  The last picture in this blog tells quite the story.  Jimmy popped right up...the wimp...and he was ready to go home.  It was still quite the show.  Very fun day indeed.  

Photo: Do you Like my umbrella
     I was able to get a hold of Auntie Paula's umbrella.  I think it looked quite stylish on me











     I was taking a picture of the green monster and at the same exact time a loud boom of thunder came crashing through the park.  The ump did an inadvertent photo bomb and this photo is the direct result of that....he went reaching for his non-existent hat and it was all ass and elbows after

No comments: