Sunday, February 07, 2010

A Super Sunday

Finally, we once again had somewhat of a Family Sunday. It started with waking up kind of early and Jack charging into the room really, really early. This being about 6am to 6:30. He was nonstop linebacker charging and yelling as Jack does when he wants to get your attention. Ahhh, we had a good laugh with him even though it was so early.
At one point, we went out with no direction in mind. We ended up at the dollar store and then at CVS doing some crazy shopping. Tomorrow it is the 100th day of school so Laura's class has to dress up as a 100 year old woman. At the dollar store we got her some yucky jewelry and then Laura and I went into Kmart to get her a house coat with matching slippers. Its going to look great with the gawdy jewelry, hair net and curlers.
After Kmart and some driving around we even got a chance to go over and make a quick trip to see Black Gordon, just to say hello. Jimmy agreed to come out of the car, just to say hello he said. They all played around the walkway area with most of us playing 'chooooo choooo' on the back of Claribel. It was very cold but we still got about ten to fifteen minutes out of it
After we got home I just couldnt get out of the hillbilly minivan. I told everyone to meet me inside in a bit and I just put the seat back and took about an hour and a half nap on the passengers seat. I heard at one point Jimmy yelling to me that Charlie was there. I guess Charlie came inside and told Lyn that I was in the car sleeping. Boy, did it feel good.
When I finally woke up Jimmy, Charlie, Steven and Laura were playing basketball and then went sledding on the back yard hill.
Then came time for the Super Bowl over Umple Eddie's house. It was supposed to be Jimmy and I going over there alone. Laura took it okay but we could tell that she wanted to come with us really bad. Jimmy allowed her to come with us which was nice of him even though we had to bribe him $5.50. Jimmy brought his Old Maid cards and asked if Auntie Paula would play Old Maid with them. The kids love Aunt Paula and loved hanging out with her over Umple's house. They ended up playing some cards with her, probably cheating, and then they went with her into their family room and watching Nick Jr. for a large part of the game. I think they just liked hanging out with her.
At one point Lyn came over with Catherine and Jack, with all the kids walking around the place like they own it. It was late when they left and I think the kids were a little tired. Good day!!

No comments: