Monday, January 09, 2012

The Big Bang Theory

Oh Sheldon, I need some help here. I remember back to Jimmy's third grade class when we had to ummmmm....help with his planet project. I remember being so thankful that he picked Mars. The whole class had a showing in the cafeteria where parents got to go see their replica of the planet that they had chosen. So going around from one table to the next, it was so neat to see how in depth the children had been with their new knowledge. I got to know a whole lot more about the planet Mars then I had ever known. It makes sense that Laura would chose Mars right????? Not a freaking chance. She brought the sheet home today where I had to sign off on her planet. Probably more to show the parents what they had to do for the kids shoe box planet. Sooooo, of course my little hippie Laura comes in and keeps telling me the planet she wants to do. Of course, I keep telling her how wonderful it would be if she chose cool planets like Jupiter.....or that real hippie planet named Saturn. Or what about some of the newly discovered planets....how about making one up for jeepers sake. NOOOO, not Laura. I told her, Laura, the kids might make fun of you. NOOOOO she says, everyone thinks it's a cool planet and thats why she likes it.


So, I take her aside and I said to her, Laura, do you know what this word means? Its kind of a funny word Laura, I even freaking explained to her what it meant. OOOO NO Daddy, you are weird. So everytime she says the planet's name, I laugh like a little school girl. I even tried my klingon joke...she had no idea what I was talking about..... Just tell me, who the hell is the adult here I'm thinking. I'm supposed to help her with this planet thing!!!!






No comments: